Monday, August 27, 2012

Transition is hard but pizza is good!

I like to try to forget how tough transition is for this family.   They keep reminding me though so I can't forget!  We've had our share of tears, tantrums and other grumpies the last week and a half.  This morning, with tears in her eyes, Em said "Mom, I really like school, I just don't want to leave you and home and I'm kinda bored and I could probably do more stuff here.".  It totally gave me a big lump in my throat because I can remember feeling the EXACT same way.  I still vividly remember laying in my bed the night before kindergarten started and wishing like crazy I never had to go to school and leave my mom.  I guess it's genetic.  I know in another few weeks things will be fantastic but oh, these first few weeks are long.  


These Snoopy pajamas are tough to get off our sweet girl!
I'm waaaay behind on my recipe organization, now that the girls are back in school I'm going to start working on that again.  Yesterday's lunch was a big hit as evidenced by Lucy's two thumbs up and pizza sauce face!

Pizza Dippers (original recipe calls them stuffed pizza rolls,renamed by my kids) Recipe here

The only change I made was to make our own pizza dough.  Right now we're really liking Mark Bittman's Pizza Dough Recipe

I stuffed a third with just mozzarella, a third with mozzarella and olives, and a third with mozzarella, olives and tomatoes.

I also made our own sauce.  Here is the one we use.  I decrease the water to between 3/4 - 1 cup.  I use garlic powder rather than garlic and I add a little salt.  I make it early in the day and let it sit in the fridge until we're ready to use it.

Kids are already asking me to make them again, a very, very good sign!

No comments: